The Investing Course
Why Choose this Course?
IIFT’s INVESTING course is a must for people who feel that they don’t really know how to go about getting a good return on their money. Who should I talk to? Who can I trust with my money? How can I take an active role in investing? Should I buy shares? What shares should I buy? Should I be in other things like property or bonds or funds? How do I minimize risk? How do I build an investment plan suitable for my needs?
Course Details: 5 evening sessions Live Online via Zoom
- Asset classes, updates- Equities, Bonds, Commodities, Property, ETF’s and Crypto Currencies
- Portfolio Creation – Diversification
- What are the best investment products available and how to access them?
- How does one go about picking the best investment product?
- Investing via your pension – what are the benefits and pitfalls?
- Tax Efficiency & Buying Techniques
- Shares and Fundamental Analysis
- Stock Markets and Sectors – a description
- Investing Styles – Growth, Value, Income
- Evaluating Companies- what are they worth? Are prices crazy!!!!
- Rules for Buying
- Common Mistakes
- Maximizing Profits
- Stock Screening
- Technical analysis
- Charting single stocks -current examples
- Bringing your investment knowledge together
- The Principles that govern all successful Investing – what do the world famous like Warren Buffet do?
- Investing carries risk. What is the correct risk for you?
- Understand fees and charges – how much is fair and how to find out what you are really being charged
- Managing your relationship with your financial advisor and how to get the best advice?
- Rules to guide your investment decisions
- The unmissable tax opportunities that exist with Pensions.
- What the Pension jargon means – “know your ARF from your elbow.”
- What are the options when one reaches retirement age and how to decide between them?
- The different types of pensions – pre retirement and post retirement.
- All the legal & tax implications will be explained.
- How to manage your own pension.
- Self Employed Pensions – explained and how to optimise your options
- The different pension structures
Meet Your Instructors
Tony Fitzpatrick FCCA, MCSI, QFA
Tony is an accountant and Qualified Financial Adviser.
Tony has spent his career in Financial Services working in Stockbroking, Moneybroking and Investment Advisory firms. His expertise is in equities, investment structures, corporate finance, foreign exchange, risk management and regulation. He has been with IIFT since its inception and involved in course design for many years. He has an in-depth knowledge of all matters Finance.
Colin Gregan – Managing Director
Colin owned and managed Fitzwilliam Currency Brokers in the 70s 80s and 90s. The business was a very successful wholesale inter bank money broker, specialising in foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives. He managed a FX Futures Trading business on the Finex Futures Exchange and also traded oil on the Nymex floor.
He has numerous years’ experience day trading the S&P500 index of US stocks and holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from UCD. As Managing Director at IIFT – He is always available to mentor and assist IIFT Alumni in their Financial Markets Trading and Investing journey.
Derek Ryan – Pensions Expert
Derek is Head of Retirement Asset Services in Smith & Williamson. He is an Associate of the Irish Institute of Pension Managers and a fellow of the Pensions Management Institute in the UK. Derek is approved as a pensioner trustee and is experienced in structuring bespoke approved retirement schemes.