The fair deal scheme is a government financial support scheme for those in or entering long-term nursing home care. Under Fair Deal, you pay a certain amount towards the cost of your care and the HSE pays the rest. The scheme is open to everyone and can dramatically help many families.
Fair Deal can be a complex system and this course is designed to assist you navigate that system.
The course will cover:
Everything you need to know about the Fair Deal Scheme.
- The steps involved in the Fair Deal application process.
- What is taken into account for the financial assessment?
- Recent changes to the legislation.
- Case studies to illustrate how an individual’s weekly contribution is calculated.
- How to support someone who lacks the capacity to consent to an application.
- Tax relief & Nursing Home fees.
Course participants can avail of a free 30-minute consultation for guidance on individual circumstances & to discuss options if they wish to avail of additional support.
Your Fair Deal experts are-
Julie Austin and Mary Courtney
Mary has been a Social Worker for 43 years & Julie for 26 years.
They have worked together since 2001 initially in Medical Social Work & more recently in the private nursing home sector.
They have both worked with the fair deal scheme since its inception in 2009 supporting residents & families in navigating the application process.
They have advised and helped numerous clients navigate the journey from Home to Nursing Home.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Those who have relatives intending to avail of the fair deal scheme.
- Those who have general interest in this area and may need the information in the future.