Pensions Training Programme
Our Pensions Programme will be given by Pension Market veteran, Derek Ryan (Head of Pensions at Smith and Williamson). There is nothing Derek does not know about pensions. He is both knowledgeable and entertaining and will be available for a private consultation in the weeks after the event.
You Will Gain Knowledge In:
- The unmissable tax opportunities that exist.
- What the jargon means – “know your ARF from your elbow.”
- What an SSAS is and how it is structured.
- What are the options when one reaches retirement age and how to decide between them?
- The different types of pensions – pre retirement and post retirement.
- All the legal & tax implications will be explained.
- How to manage your own pension.
- Self Employed Pensions – explained and how to optimise your options
- The different pension structures:
- Personal Pension Plans
- Personal Retirement Savings Accounts
- Defined Contribution Schemes
- Defined Benefit Schemes
- Small Self-Administered Schemes
- Additional Voluntary Contributions
- Buy Out Bonds
- Approved Retirement Funds
Meet Your Experts
Derek Ryan – Pensions Expert
Derek is Head of Retirement Asset Services in Smith & Williamson. He is an Associate of the Irish Institute of Pension Managers and a fellow of the Pensions Management Institute in the UK. Derek is approved as a pensioner trustee and is experienced in structuring bespoke approved retirement schemes.
Colin Gregan – IIFT Managing Director
Colin owned and managed Fitzwilliam Currency Brokers in the 70s, 80s and 90s. The business was a very successful wholesale interbank money broker, specialising in foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives. He managed an FX Futures Trading business on the Finex Futures Exchange and also traded oil on the Nymex floor.